Firebug – Download Almost Any Steaming Media
Using FireBug plugin for Firefox you can see all the requests the browser makes for videos, songs, pictures, website files, etc. Look for the larger file while playing media on a site and download it. Your video won’t be black though, that’s just the nature of recording/screenshoting a video, without proper settings to do it (i forgot, was lazy).
1. Install FireBug.
2. Activate FireBug’s Net console on the website first.
3. Visit the page of the website that has the media.
4. Look for the larger file in the Net logs. Rightmouse click, copy location.
5. Get away from the page playing the media (click the site’s homepage or something).
6. Paste the URL into the address bar.
7. Save It. If it wants to play in the browser, go to File then Save Page As.
I recommend you clear your cache before each video/song you play prior to visiting the page that has the file. Also play files on a website from the beginning or you may end up only download half of it. If the site does not autoplay the media, you can hit the clear button in Firebug to clear the Net log so it is easier to find the file when you hit play.